Friday, March 03, 2006

Teacher Training Seminar

I am beginning a new endeavor -- something totally unheard of! Well I think it is new; although we all know that the Preacher declared that there is nothing new under the sun. We (Charles and I) are meeting every Friday morning for coffee and discussion about a book that Charles is teaching for Sundays School at WyBC. It is me teaching the teacher so that he can teach on Sunday. New eh?

Again, think about the great commission.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Christ started this kind of project with his disciples. He taught the next wave of teachers. It was perhaps the first teacher training conference! It lasted for about 3 years! While I do not claim to be Christ, I am a follower. So, am I in good company? I think so. A new idea with a Biblical precedent! Yes!

Father,
Make me a teacher of teachers as You have taught me! Help me to be as patient as You were with Your disciples. Help me to communicate clearly and listen intently. Make my teaching plan be Yours. Allow me to impact people for eternity's good and for Your sake! Help me be a humble learner before I am a bold teacher.
Amen

Your fellow student,
Mike

1 comment:

Todd Paris said...

2 Tim 2:22? Not new. Biblical. Not heard of in our current culture. But not new. Sorry.