Saturday, March 11, 2006

Day Two Fairly Safely Navigated

Well, I cannot top Todd's story of near death experiences, but we did have to apply evasive maneuvers to miss slamming into the back of the car in front of us. I "lost" a car in the blind spot (or so I thought) and I turned my head to check. The car had exited but the cars in front of me were 55 to zeroing. Sue hollered "stop" and I saw the brakes, I flicked the wheel and moved to the other lane, skillfully and carefully avoiding danger. Actually the reflex was probably my guardian angelworking overtime! Glad he didn't get the union report from Todd's angel and go on strike for higher wages! :)

Day two in Florida was even better than day one! Weather was super -- close to 90 deg! We planned a beach day. We walked the pier, built a sand castle, picked up seas shells, and saw a devil ray! We also got sunburned! :(

Dad and I tripped to Borders and scanned through the books at night. No coffee no bookpurchases but fun none the less. Man, I should write a book -- you could make money at those prices it seems! Are any of you looking for a cartoonist/humorous spot illustrator for your book? Count me in! :)

The sea was our substitute for the hot tub and after the burns, we are not ready to get in right now! Ouch! The kids took in a McDonald's playland for a late lunch with Grandpa and we stopped for twistee cones as dessert. I got a Coffee flavored soft serve. Mmmm. They had 24 flavors in addition to the traditional chocolate/vanilla twist!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a ball game at Spring training -- Phillies! :)

Until then, from the Sunshine State,
Mike

No comments: