Monday, February 20, 2006

Valentines to God

Did you do anything special for your loved ones over the Valnetine's Day holiday? I hope that you did. Did you remember to say "I Love You" to God? We used this Sunday, 2/19, as a celebration of God's love.

I believe that one of the areas that Praise and Worship music has got it right is in the area of expressing love to God. So I used a host of choruses for the two services to "Think About His Love". We sang some great songs of worship that elevated God as the center of loving, not our emotions or our attractions! We responded to God's love by saying/singing that we loved Him too. That is worship in its most basic, yet profound mode.

Here's the play list; if you're reading this list and know some of the songs, why not sing along? Do not worry, I cannot hear if you are in a different key or have an alternate timing! :)
  • The Celebration Song
  • The Steadfast Love of the Lord
  • Think About His Love
  • How Deep the Father's Love
  • Amazing Love (Graham Kendrick)
  • Greater Love
  • All That I Need
  • O For a Heart to Praise My God
  • Jesus, Draw Me Close
  • In Moments Like These
  • Seekers of Your Heart
  • With All My Heart
  • Cry of My Heart

We had a great time of reading God's Word (Psalm 136 -- responsively/antiphonally) and writing valentines to God as well as singing and giving and shaking hands, etc. etc. We learned, experienced, and practiced God's love once again (another great worship song!). What is your favorite song about God's love? Do you have a favorite passage about God's love? A great insightful quote? I'd love to hear about your love relationship with God who loves you very much and will not separate Himself from you (Rom. 8:37-39).

I am so in love with Jesus,

Mike

No comments: