Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

As the old love song goes, "breaking up is hard to do". The bond between people and pastors in a local church is a precious, sweet communion and fellowship. It has been referred to as a marriage. I want to be careful about using that image as God does not deal in divorces, yet He sometimes moves ministers to other parts of his vineyard.

One of the blogs that I regularly read is that of a pastor in my area in another denomination. He has heard clearly the call of God to move into a church planting role in the south after only two years in "Western NY". You really must read his blog post about the intensity and passion of the ministry through these separation days. Top shelf stuff!

If God were to call me/lead me to another part of the vineyard (as He has at least four other times before), I pray that I would be able to lead with such leadership strength as Paul is demonstrating.

Go in grace,
Mike

2 comments:

CATTLTEKMAN said...

Thanks for the heads up on pastor pauls post. Just read yours from yesterday all I can say is whew but we are praying for you

Walls Down Church Kids said...

Yes, Northgate will miss him immensely but it is exciting that he is following where he is called...inspiring for sure! I can't wait to see what God does with him even more!