Monday, March 26, 2007

My Spiritual Vision Impairment

I wear corrective lenses. I do not have enough money to afford lasik surgery. I need help my physical eyes to see properly.

Oswald Chambers wrote his commentary (My Utmost for His Highest) on Matthew 5:8 for today about spiritual vision. His title "Spiritual Vision Through Personal Purity" is an advertisement for spiritual laser surgery.
"Purity is the result of continued spiritual harmony with God. We have to grow in purity. ... If we want to maintain personal intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ, it will mean refusing to do or even think certain things. And some things that are acceptable for others will become
unacceptable for us."


I want to be pure, I want to be holy, I want to be clean, and I want to be intimate with my Savior! Paul Baloche has penned these great lyrics:

"Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
Open the eyes of my heart,
I want to see You,
I want to see You.

To see You high and lifted up,
Shining in the light of Your glory,
Pour out Your Spirit and love,
As we cry Holy, Holy, Holy!


Holy, Holy, Holy!
I want to see You"

Dear Jesus,
The only problem with this desire of spiritual sight is that to get a full force view of Your total and unleashed glory would decimate me. So God, just give me another glimpse. Make me holy so that I can catch another view of just Your train as it passes by! Make my face shine after the time that I spend with YOU in purity. Burn away the junk and give me an unobstructed, unclouded view of the one that I adore. Let me see only You!
Amen

Longing to know Jesus better through a cleansed life,
Mike

2 comments:

Todd Paris said...

I'm Back! Dell is the customer service master! new board, heat sink, fan, ac adapter And little rubber feet thingys!!! in three days for free!!!!! look for updated blogs soon I promise.

ps-thanks again for the talk. The Sunday am message was about killing giants and moses???? Go figure. Ain't the HS cool?!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging. It's interesting that your first "new" post is on the same topic that has been discussed in my (very) little circle this past week. I'm sure that it's just coincidence...