Monday, June 21, 2004

1 Peter Sermon Series

I am concluding a series of messages on the book of 1 Peter. What an encouraging book, especially for those going through some oppressive times!

Peter wrote his book as a challenge to believers in the first century who were spread out all over the known countryside. They were called pilgrims and strangers because this world was not their home. They were simply visiting, passing through, and on their way to their home in heaven. They weren't in a rush to get there even though it would be so much better than where they were today.

Ever feel like you wanted to leave this life because of all of the junk going on in your life? Troubles getting along with a bullying father or an unfair boss? Hate the restrictions put on you as a citizen of the US? Want to know how to have a great fulfilling relationship with members of the opposite sex? It's all in 1 Peter!

Would you like outlines of my messages for all or a portion of these messages? E-mail me and I'll forward them along.

Your fellow journeyman,
Pastor Mike
PastorMike33@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Sir,

Thank you for publishing your blog, and thank you for your devotion to the life the Lord has chosen for you!

I will bookmark your blog and visit it frequently for updates!

Pastor Mike Paris said...

Dixie,

Thanks for being the first responder! I appreciate your affirmation of what I'm trying to do for Christ here in NY.

Oh and BTW, you don't need to call me sir! :)

Pastor Mike