Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Ripple Effect

This is not a post singing the merits of textured potato chips. This is about infectious discipleship. The kind that ripples through the church and spills out onto everyone who is ready for change and growth.

We have been reading books as a leadership team. I have watched some of the individuals on our team totally embrace the concepts that are contained therein. Those who get it have incorporated the language into our vocabulary and have talked about it with passion and enthusiasm such that others get excited about it and are driven to read more. Then, the fresh recruits, in turn, share it with their friends and family and then the next wave catches it and gets excited about the concepts and their implementation.

This is about multiplication. The Christian life is not meant to be lone rangerism. It is meant to be a place of accountability and ripples. As I understand God's wisdom better and make successful, albeit hard, decisions, I share it with those around me. Then, the whole thing goes into other circles and suddenly, I am affecting change and growth in circles that I do not even frequent! God is good! He has enlarged our borders even without daily prayers of Jabez!! :)

NOTE: This post is about celebrating the joy of discovery and watching the aha! moments spreading in the body of Christ. These comments are based on a real situation that was just reported to me! :) YES! Remember to share the good stuff withthose who teach you! Gal 6:6

Sharing with you,
Mike

1 comment:

Sue Densmore said...

Just had to give this one a big AMEN, Mike! As a single person, it takes me (and my friends) a bit more effort to really be in true community with others. It is so easy when one lives solo to just hunker down and never really get deep anywhere.

But God has been teaching me that I must make the effort and do just that. It's funny, really. My family would tell you I was always a "people person," but somewhere along the way, I lost that and started to retreat.

I am "unretreating" now, and loving it.

So thanks for the post, and the reminder that the Path is meant to be walked with friends.

Glad you're back on the blogosphere!

Sue