Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sweet 16

Yesterday marked a great milestone in my/our life. It was our wedding anniversary -- the sixteenth actually. Sixteen years ago on a "black Friday", we avoided the malls and focused on saying we do in an evening service in our home church; black Friday became teal & rose Friday! :) It was a great celebratory event, filled with family and friends.

We have made many more aquaintances along this journey of marriage, but my wife still continues to have them all beat. She knows my most private thoughts and emotions. She can help me recover fastest from a botched, mangled day. She is a very suitable helper, fit for me. After Solomon tried a couple of models out, he came away with this appropriate jewel of wisdom, " He who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing" (Prov 18:22). I certainly have been favored by the LORD.

A rich, rich man,
Mike

3 comments:

CATTLTEKMAN said...

Congrats to you and Sue. Her probably most of all. You guys are areal blessing to Paula and I.
Just keep on keeping on.

Todd Paris said...

I have a few pictures from that day. I was pretty "black" that day. Man, Kris looked soooo good and I was being soooo stupid. Thankfully she was/is longsuffering! I like how you got so excited that you double posted-nice touch! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any pictures but I do have a few memories of the day.

Most memorable..... washing dishes after the reception :)

Oh yah, I cherished the tie tack that you gave me for many years. It turned up missing a few years ago and I have not found another one quite like it.

P.S. Thanks for making our day special 8 years ago. Crystal and I celebrated our 8th anniversayry this week. I guess that makes me half of the man that you are....