Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fur Todd, Not Elise

Todd is the blogger hound. He loves to challeneg me to blog. He loves to challenge other family members to blog. He does not have the gift of encouragement. He has the gift of exhortation and prophecy (calling it as he/God sees it). As I type this post then, I am writing it to get Todd off of my back first of all. Accountability does work! But as I am writing I find that I have missed this aspect of my QT. I enjoy writing. And I enjoy reading the Word and other books. Here's a quote that I found while studying in Psalms 119.

No man is holy by chance.
CH Spurgeon

Discipline isn't like falling off a log -- it takes effort. In fact, spiritual disciplines are more like staying on the log! Balance and concentration and practice.

So now, I say thanks Todd. You have called me to get back on the log -- or rather back on the Blog. So this one is for you brother! :)

Your falling off the blogging wagon and getting right back on again brother,
Mike

2 comments:

CATTLTEKMAN said...

Pastor Mike,
I like the quote andI would have to say that I believe that very little if anything happens by accident.
Along the lines of this quote and our discussion last nite on what it means to be agreat christian can a person ever be holy enough?

Todd Paris said...

Hey cowboy, I think that it is indeed possible(with the indwelling of the holy Spirit) to be perfectly holy here on earth aka Christ-like although I also believe that it is highly unlikely that anyone (other than Christ) will accomplish it. But that must be our goal/what we strive for.
Mike, I'm glad that my sarcastic encouragement worked for you to start blogging again! now if we can get dad jump-started then we would be stylin'--or marky started at all!

I'm tempted to click on the handicap symbol by the word verification every time to see what it does.