Monday, January 09, 2006

Writing Team 2006 Finished

I made it safely home from Schroon Lake, NY today. I was part of a writing team there this week. I was able to write with my former teammates Dave Smith and Steve Gledhill again. This is the third year that we have been together. Dave and I have actually been together for four years. We have enjoyed the good chemistry and cooperation between the players. We added another "rookie" this year -- Jordan Wertz.

As always, these weeks are lots of hard work and little sleep. We always work hard and drink lots of caffienated beverages. :) This year I was able to teach a three part series on 1 John and a lesson on Scripture memorization. I am excited to hear about these lessons hitting the churches in Olympian clubs in 2008-09. What an awesome privilege to impact 10,000's of children around the world. The scope is both humbling and challenging!

My favorite lesson was one taught by Dave S on the book of Haggai. Haggai acted as a cheerleader/coach for the children of Israel. At just the right times, God brought them message of hope and encouragement to keep on rebuilding the walls. My favorite verse of encouragement is found in Galatians 6:9

"Do not be weary in well-doing, for in due season we will reap if we do not faint"

Hosea's words are just as uplifting:
Msg 1: Put God's plan first
Msg 2: God is there right beside you
Msg 3: Do not give up on God's plan
Msg 4: God's plan will always be accomplished

One of the best parts of the week was the chapel service on Sunday morning. 30 men singing praises to God is a powerful sound! Praise God!

Proclaiming God's Word to young people,
Mike

No comments: