Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How Does That Work?

I am studying for Bible Study tomorrow morning. And I read again the verse from Exodus 14,


"The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."

Three comments:

  1. I like the first part (God fighting for me). I have trouble with the last part (keeping still/silent).
  2. This verse was first shared with me from a friend. As I shared a concern that I not say too much at a business meeting, she gave me this verse. I listened and watched God bring those comments to fruition. I was silent; God fought for me.
  3. I am still pondering this verse as I get ready for the study in the morning. It seems like a good nugget to chew on as the winter storm rages around us (literally!). [NOTE: There is not a figurative storm raging at my home!]
Hope He's in your corner too,
Mike

2 comments:

Todd Paris said...

having troubles at home?

Pastor Mike Paris said...

I suppose I am violating the second half of the verse when I respond to Todd's tender, caring concerns for the welfare of my marriage, but in a word... NO!

Leave it to you to spin this entry into a marital tension post. Don't you have snow to shovel or something? :)