Thursday, August 31, 2006

Teachable Moment -- Day 1

Again, the location and the messenger do not have to be expected. You can learn some pretty great stuff in some weird places with some strange people. Basically, all you have to do is listen and process it.

On the first day of camp, the staff member (I can't even rememeber who she was) who was sharing devotions shared 1 Cor. 9:23:

23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

That phrase, for the sake of the gospel was the rally cry for day 1. Was I doinig everything that I could for the sake of the gospel? Was everything passing through the grid of "will this advance or retreat the cause of Christ on this campus today with this person?". That is a fine filter!

But with that in mind, I mentally added our team's own power pump, 2 Peter 1:3:

2PE 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Everything I need to accomplish life and godliness has already been supplied! This thing called ministry, in all of its exhaustion and frustration and stress was divinely powered and worth every minute!

For the cause of Christ, the gospel of Christ and the growth of believers,
Mike

2 comments:

Todd Paris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Todd Paris said...

your opening line described--no defined,church!
I haven't even read the rest of the post yet I was so excited! Good to have you back in the land of blog. I need to update today!

edited because in my excitement I left out key words.